Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Magnolia-Licious Holiday Blog Hop

 Hello everyone..
WELCOME!!


Today is the BIG Magnolia-Licous Blog Hop!!

I am sure the if you have hopped here from Lisa Andrews blog you have seen all kinds of fun, beautiful and inspiring projects along the way.
If you have happened on my blog without following the hop you might want to go to the Magnolia-Licious blog to start.  I am more than sure you will not want to miss anything!!




Remember there are 2 ways to win great prizes!! Information at the end of my post and also on the Magnolia-Licious Challenge blog .


I tell ya I had so much fun making this project!!

I have made a few of these in the past and they are always so fun to do and  display during the holidays.

I have made this one with a very special someone in mind. So it will be going in the mail very soon. So that they can enjoy it during the holiday season.


A LARGE SNOWGLOBE
This was a very hard project to do photos of because of the glare on the glass. It looks so much better in person!

What do ya think??

( I would love for you to take a minute and leave me your thoughts)
 
 11 inches tall and 8 inches wide. 
Yes, you can really shake it like a small snowglobe and the fake snow will go all over insidethe glass just like it is snowing!

 FUN FUN FUN!!

 I have used 4 very fun Magnolia images for my project today.
I have colored my images with my copic markers.


NOW DON'T FORGET all images can be purchased at  
Magnolia-Licious.

Scor-tape (I always use it when doing projects like this) IT IS THE BEST!!
You can also find it at Magnolia-Licious.



Printed Papers: older Provo Craft paper, Debbie Mum 12x12   
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger Linen
Copic markers for coloring image, gel pen (White) 
Adhesives: 3 in 1 glue by Becon, 3M Foam Tape, Scor-Tape (available at Magnolia-licious 
Ribbon: bakers thread, green and wite checks, red satin, green tulle, off white double lace 
Misc: jingle bells, pine cones, feathers, greenery, painted star, 8" glass fish bowl, 8 " cookie tin, string of 50 mini lights,mini Pine trees, flaked snow glitter, snow-tex. 

A look at the top of the globe. 

 Challenges I would like to enter my project:

Allsorts -  Make a Gift
 Colour Me Creative Challenge Winter, Frosty and Cold
Crafty Calendar - All things Christmas
Little Claire's - Christmas
 Creatalicious Challenges  Christmas Time
Live & Love Crafts Challenge:  Christmas Inspiration
 Christmas Stampin' All Year Long must be Christmas - Stripes

Looking down into the globe.



  In this next picture I have tried to get a photo in a darker area so that you can see that I did put mini lights on the trees and they really turn on!! Photo is not so great but you get the idea!!


 *** WANT TO WIN???***

There are 3 ways you can win a prize from the Magnolia-licious store.



1. Stop at all of the Design Team blogs in the Hop and collect all the Scavenger Hunt letters and unscramble them to spell out a special Holiday message. 



Then email your completed message to Suzanne Dean at sjdean@smartneighborhood.netOne winner will be chosen randomly from those who submitted the correct message and will receive a Surprise Gift Package worth $50 in value.


2. Join us with a Holiday/Winter theme project of your own and upload to the inlinkz on the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog by December 31. 



There will be 2 winners chosen. The first place winner will receive a Surprise Gift Package worth $100 in value. The runner up will receive a Surprise Gift worth $50 in value.

The letter that you need from my blog to unscramble the phrase and send to Suzanne's email is.....


Have fun hopping and thank you for hopping by today!! 

Your next stop is to the very sweet, lovely and talented Jane Johnson.

58 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love your snow globe and all your cute Tildas, beautifully done Janny, I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled
Hugs julie P

Jo said...

I would be absolutely delighted to receive something as intricately handmade as this in the mail. I've never seen anything quite so amazing - if you happen to make any more you MUST do a tutorial, it is simply stunning hun, hugs Jo x

Christina C. said...

WOW....a beautiful project!!!! Very festive!!!

Chris said...

Totally amazing project Janiel! I love your snow globe and the little twinkling lights are superb. Hugs, Chris.

Jay said...

Wow!!! Absolutely stunning Janiel, you are Very Creative, I love the little scene, it is perfect! I would love to be able to create something soooo amazing honey!!!! I adore your florals on the outside too and the little Christmas lights inside really do finish off this amazing keepsake! Cuddles Jay xxx

enrica said...

Wow, i like your snowglobe!!! is very , very nice!!!amazing work!!!! hugs enrica

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Hey sweet globe-will I win?,
fantastic Christmas ornament for home or office
love it
hugs Tamara

Dena said...

Oh you are so sweet to think of me and send me this adorable project!!! I'm honored hahahahaha!!! JK
LOVE this and gotta make one NOW!!! Have to put the cute lights! Love that it is so big and ADORABLE!!!! Geez, now just to figure out how to make it!
So happy to be on a team with you again!
Hugs, Dena

Karen said...

I love this Janiel! It's gorgeous and a fantastic idea!!!

rovianne said...

Oh my goddess, this is so genius. Absolutely stunning!

Intruderlady said...

this is absolutely amazing. love love love it. those lights is such a great touch and it comes to live. it's magical. would love to shake it ;-) whenever i see a snow globe i have to pick it up and shake.

hugs,
kitty

charlene said...

OMG this is awesome I would love a tutorial on how you did this as well what a great gift.
Hugs

Sabrina said...

Oh my..... Your snow globe is so so gorgeous!! I just absolutely love snow globes!!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Unbelievable! This is beautiful! And even the little mini lights on the trees - so many details - well done!

Damarys said...

This is just ADORABLE!!! Kudos to you for creating such an original work of art!

Meredith said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely project.

Steph Ackerman said...

Oh this is amazing.

Suzi Mac said...

This is so beautiful Janiel, a wonderful Christmas decoration with those amazing sweet images, I can see this being brought out every year. Gorgeous work sweetie.
Hugs Suzi x

Cathy Lee said...

This is fabulous, Janiel. An original piece of art. Adorable Magnolias are perfect for it and it really snows??? That is awesome.
Hugz,
Cath

Cindy :) said...

Shut the front door!!! R U kidding me....this is over the top, winner of all winners, if it doesn't win at least once I will suggest the judges get new glasses, except in the case of random.org of course, it's hard to coax it to pick the best of the pack lol I am totally blown away by your creation Janiel, I love it and would love to make something similar, how fantastic....there just isn't the right words to express it!!
Cindy cinpot@msn.com

Sharon Caudle said...

THUD (picture me laying on the floor with x's over my eyes!!! You have completely knocked me over with this project my sweet friend!!! Absolutely frickin' AMAZING!! SPECTACULAR!!!!! I'm in total awe of you!!
love and hugs, Sharon

Sammy said...

Oh my goodness Janiel, this is so fabulous! A true work of art! x

Amy A said...

Wow!!! This is STUNNING! Love all your details and those images are just too cute! Love all the design elements,especially the mini lights. Well done Jan. :o)

mgoll88 said...

wow, what a wonderfull project, looks really fantastic

LG
Michaela

Lozzy said...

Oh WOW, absolutely stunning, what a great idea and all the time you must have put into it. Beautiful..Thank you for joining us this month for our Christmas Challenge over at Little Claire's and hoping to see you again. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy xx

Only By His Grace said...

hi Janiel!
I think everything has been said about this amazing project. you are so very clever. do you take orders LOL.
Hugs maz

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! It is so pretty! I just love it!

Janny said...

WOW this is beautiful Janiel, realy very very gorgeous Hugs Janny

lindaplus3 said...

Wow!!!! That is sooooooooooooo awesome... I love snow globes.. never knew they were homemadeable :)

Joyce said...

This is an AMAZING project! Unbelievable!! WOW!!

Crafty Sandy's Cards said...

O M goodness, this is absolutely amazing, you are sooooo clever I am in awe of this brilliant piece of art work. hugs Sandy

Patti Jo said...

A snow globe AND lights up too!!! Outstanding Janiel!!! You are so creative and this is another example of your artistic talents!!! Makes me smile....wonderful work! I'll have to go check on your sewing projects!

brenda said...

Your creation really is lovely and perfect for our theme this week.

Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

cabio's craft corner said...

I am glad to check this out Jan. I have to zoom and check out every single pic of your jaw dropping project. This creation is so gorgeous :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon said...

Oh my, what a feast for the eyes. Fabulous work Janny. This is awesome!! hugs Sharon <3

Kitty said...

Your snow globe is just beautiful

Kathleen

Bunny said...

Wow. You must have been so proud when you finished this globe. You did a great job and it shows. It's great.

Karen said...

Amazing! I love it. Love all the fine details. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

Carolyn said...

Had to pop off the Hop for a minute to tell you that your snow globe is THE CUTEST THING I HAVE SEEN IN A WHILE! It is adorable. What a talented lady!

Beth Brovold said...

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING Janiel!!! I'm with Dena...I NEED to make one now and I also need to figure out how!!!! LOL!!! Just GORGEOUS!!!

cathylynn said...

Janiel this is totally OUTSTANDING! You were very creative with this gorgeous creation!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Fabiola said...

so sweet to admire your lovely creation at CSAYL with our stripes challenge Janiel, lovely and stunning creation, i love it, hope to see you next week, biz

Norma said...

Janiel, fabulous!!! I can see myself looking for a fish bowl the next time I am out shopping...LOL. Terrific sweet scene you've created--all the maggies superbly coloured. I adore this!
Hugs,
Norma

Heather said...

Wow!!! This is stunning!! I can't believe you actually made this!! Not doubting your abilities, just totally amazed. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Dang..not only do I want to make one of these BUT I also want this one for myself bwahahaha. Its gorgeous, every detail is spectacular and just so festive. It makes me happy :)
hugz,
Suzanne

NPurdum56 said...

Oh my! What a stunning project! Just beautiful!!!! You are so creative! :) Nancee

The Craft Bucket said...

Absolutely stunning, the scene you have created is gorgeous. Great job, Jane x

*Vicki* said...

Hi Janny!! I always have loved your gorgeous snow globes!! This is so fun with your Christmas scene and design my dear! Thanks for sharing! :) HUGS

Jane said...

Wow! I LOVE that the trees have working lights Janiel! So amazing! hugs, Jane xxx

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oh my, simply amazing! That sums it up!!! Thanks for joining in the fun with CSAYL's stripe challenge. Be sure to check out our final challenge of 2013 with lots of prizes!!!

Christy Designs said...

Amazing Project Janiel !! Very creative and love your idea. Beautifully scene you created.So many detail to look at.
Hugs,
Christy

MIE(Mieko) said...

Stunning project! Love all the details! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.
Mieko xx

Chris said...

I'll trade a Cracker Barrel snow globe for yours, Janny! LOL OK, did I happen to mention that my wedding anniversary is Christmas Day and I've always wanted a globe exactly like this? No, huh. Hmmmm…

I just love, love, love this! Your creativity flew to the moon on this! It is gorgeous!

XO,
Chris

Tindaloo said...

supercool snowglobe!!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Janiel,
Gorgeous detailed project! Can understand that it was difficult to photograph, but you did a great job. So fun, festive and different. Thanks so much for joining us at LLC for our Christmas challenge.
Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

Mary Lou said...

Wowza Janiel! I had to comment when I saw you entering this :)) This is Over the top AWESOME!!!! A fish bowl....neat!!!! Thanks for joining us in the christmas challenge at Creatalicious!!
Happy Holidays Sweetie!!

Anne said...

Oh my... Fantastic work! I love the images inside, and the little threes with the lights... The top is just stunning. I'm amazed!!

Hugs, Anne.

mgoll88 said...

Love this creation....

LG
Michaela